Tuesday, March 31, 2009

In Honor of Cesar Chavez

These past few days have been surprisingly nice considering we just started a new quarter of classes.

Sunday was nice because I got to spend some time with my family before driving back down to school. I got pedicures with my younger step sister and my step mom, got lunch with two of my sisters and my parents, packed, and headed down to school. Even though I don't normally like driving by myself all the way to school, the drive on Sunday was surprisingly nice. The weather was beautiful, I played my country music loud, and got lost in my thoughts. It was very nice.

Yesterday was nice because, even though I had classes and stuff, I was done at two. I had Macroeconomics and Contemporary Advertising. I tried to nap, but was unsuccessful (for like, the first time in my life) so I decided to figure out how many classes I need to take before I can graduate. I've decided that I not only want to double concentrate in Journalism (Public Relations and Print) but I also want to double minor (Spanish and Business Administration). Ambitious, I know. If I end up doing all of those things, I will be in college for at least 5 years. I need to meet with my advisors and stuff, though, before I make anything solid.
Yesterday, Nikol and I also went around and put up posters for the Magazine Club that she is starting (I'm trying to help her, but I don't know how much help I actually am... I do what I can though!) I think it will be really cool once we get this club started. I admire Nikol for all her hard work and dedication.
On top of all those things, I also applied for ajob with ASI Human Resources. We'll see what happens with that.

Last night, we had a party at the guys' house. My future room mates came and I had so much fun hanging out with the friends I have now, as well as the girls I will live with next year. Even though there were a few bloody incidents (Cullen's head from laughing too hard... and Tad's finger slicing incident with the knife...), we celebrated Cesar Chavez day and had a blast.

Today we didn't have class, so we woke up, ate french toast, and headed out to the beach. We had a wonderful day building an amazing sand castle (most of the credit goes to Gideon and Nikol, but Kat and I helped by collecting rocks for the cobblestone pathway). We also read magazines, went on walks, got snow cones (our favorite: Watermelon and Green Apple), visited with Kat and Nikol's WOWies, and just had an all around great time. I even remembered to put on sun screen so I wouldn't get burnt... which was ultimately a wonderful idea considering we were out there for over 4 hours!

Tonight we also got Fatte's pizza, went to the school baseball game for five innings and watched "Guess Who" with Ashton Kutcher and Bernie Mac. We all had so much fun just hanging out and relaxing. By the end of the day, though, we were all exhausted. I was ready for bed at about 9.

I just cleaned my room because Luke and I are going to rearrange it tomorrow so that I can maximize my space and put a TV in my room. Hopefully it will work out.

As for now, I'm off to bed. I'm exhausted and have class at 8 in the morning. I'm looking forward to lunch with Brittany and Kathryn (and hopefully Stephanie and Christine) at eleven tomorrow at Sandwich Factory. I'm also looking forward to my nap tomorrow afternoon which I'm hoping will be much more successful than my attempt yesterday.

I think Cesar Chavez would be pleased at how my friends and I celebrated and honored his day <3

No comments: