Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break

Since my school is on the quarter system, I have Spring Break this week.

My friends and I were supposed to go to Mexico this week, but that all fell apart in a very depressing manner. Even though I am sad that I am not going on that amazing trip, I am not going to sit around and pout that I'm not spending the week on some beach sipping on mojitos, margaritas, and coronas. Instead, I'm going to fill my week with fun this!

On the list for a fabulous spring break in the Bay Area and surrounding areas....
  1. sit on the couch and watch endless episodes of Seventh Heaven (check! did that today)
  2. figure out which classes I need to take and when for the rest of college
  3. apply for a job for Spring Quarter so I can start earning money for my trip to Spain in the Fall (preferably on campus)
  4. go snowboarding at least one day... tomorrow!!!, and hopefully on Thursday as well
  5. start looking at furniture for the house next year (Kathryn has a very nice brown leather couch that I actually really really really love)
  6. go to Panda Express with Colin and meet his gf Bobbi -- so excited!
  7. convince Angela to come to Cal Poly next year -- encouraged by her father of course
  8. golfing with my step sister (I've never been... this should be interesting)
  9. visit the high school and help my step mother with her class (I always love doing this when I'm home)
  10. HAVE FUN!!!!
Today is only Sunday which means that I have a whole 7 days until I head back to school.


I already found a desk for my room on Craig's List. I love that tool. Here's a picture:

What do you think??


Also, as a post-finals present to myself, I am going to order myself a pair of red Keds. Keds are so comfortable! I love them. Plus, red shoes are always a plus.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this is a marvelous checklist. And I totally need to save up for Spain as well even though I have a job, but it doesn't pay enough. I say yes to the red Keds!

Nikol Schiller said...

spring break is going to be a well-deserved break.

(plus we need to rest up for a CRAZY fun spring quarter!!!)