Sunday, March 1, 2009

thing's I've discovered

So the other day, Nikol taught me how to add things to my blog and make it interesting with things called "gadgets." I'm able to post blogs that I read (so far, only Nikol's, but I'm hoping to read a lot more once I get used to the site). I also added a "photo tips" thing so that I, and any one of my readers who is into photography, can check it out and maybe try something different with their photographs.

I also flipped through the gadgets I can theoretically add in the future, some of them look pretty cool. I really like the photography ones so that I can have a slideshow or whatever on my blog. That was really cool because the only other place I have to post my pictures is on Facebook. I feel as though my blog is a more artistic place to post photographs. I'm looking forward to going out more and taking pictures, of anything and everything. I'm not on my computer now, but when I turn it on later I'll look through my pictures and start a slide show of photos so people can look at them.

On another note, I was extremely productive the past few days. Yesterday, I started and finished my 5 page term paper for English. It is based on John Wyndham's science fiction novel The Chrysalids. The book was very good. My paper was about how the book is a polemic aimed at the reader which makes comments about the intolerance and malfunction of the way our society is run today. I think it turned out pretty well... I'll just have to wait to see if my professor thinks so too.

I also wrote my "statement of purpose" for my application for studying in Spain during fall quarter. That didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped, but I only had a page to put down EVERY reason I think studying abroad would be productive. One page is definitely not enough.

Kat's best friend Eryn came this weekend. I had so much fun talking to her and getting to know her a little better. We had a very funny conversation about parents and their advice to us. Her mom's advise: Eryn, be a lady. My mom's advice every time she can relate it to the conversation (and even sometimes when she can't): Now honey, you know you never leave your drink unattended at a party, right??
Yeah... thanks mom.

Last night was also a lot of fun. It was my friend Kathryn's birthday so we went out to dinner and went to her boyfriend's house afterwards. It was so much fun to hang out with those girls like Kathryn, Stephanie, Brittany, Christine, even Claire was there (which was great because I could thank her AGAIN for giving us a ride on Friday night when we were still out at 4 in the morning and didn't want to walk all the way home from Taco Bell).

Last night I also talked to Ashley for a while in the car because she wanted to borrow my snowboarding gear so we were going to pick it all up. We had a really good conversation and I'm glad I got a little bit of time to talk to her because I normally don't.

I know probably nobody else cares about this, but it is kinda a way for me to let loose and reflect on what happened this whole weekend. I guess when I start writing more, I'll be able to figure out what I actually want to write about. Until then, I'm just going to write whatever comes to my mind while I'm sitting in front of the computer.

That's about it for now. I've got a little bit more to do tonight so I can say I was 100% productive this weekend. That would include:
1. Reading my Ethnic Studies book "A Different Mirror"
2. Getting the Media Law book from Nikol so I can read before tomorrow's class
3. Proofing and e-mailing my essay to my Brit Lit professor
4. Reading "Watchmen" for my English class (yes, we are reading coming books in my Brit Lit class, more on that later)
5. Finishing my Spain application so I can turn it in tomorrow

Until next time <3

oh yeah... Last night I stopped by Kat, Nikol, Ashley, and Cassie's apartment to give Ashley the boarding stuff. Cassie and Brian were playing around on a cool website. Check it out: www.sporcle.com

another great one is: www.fmylife.com (this one is super funny)

1 comment:

Nikol Schiller said...

=) fantastic weekend!

loving, i hope i pass your midterm...

=)