Friday, December 31, 2010

happy new year!

As we step forward into the new year, it is only right that we look back on the past twelve months and remember how we got to the place we are today.

2010 didn't always bring the best situations, but I made it through. Here is a "short" run through of what happened this year:

January: Rang in the new year with my roommates and some of our good friends. Then I was back at school in the United States after spending 3 months studying in Spain. Can you say reverse culture shock?

February: Nikol, Stephanie, and I headed out for a wonderful photo shoot - we had so much fun during our girl's day!

March: I made it through finals and got on the Dean's List again :)

April: Christine, Stephanie, and I made our way down to Indio to go to the Stagecoach Country Music Festival for the second year in a row. 


May: Christine's 21st birthday was a blast! We had a photo shoot, sang karaoke, and had fun with so many of our good friends. My big sister also graduated from college (congrats Caitlin)!!




June: My littlest sister graduated from high school (much to her relief) and my older cousin, after a very difficult year, graduated from Stanford!! I was so proud of both of them.

July: I spent a week on a boat in the British Virgin Islands with my mom, step dad, two step brothers, and my little sister. I also started my internship at AAA. 


August: My dad's family (dad, step mom, three sisters, and family friend) went to Costa Rica for a week. Then I moved my little sister into her dorm room at Penn State, visited my grandparents, and went to Amish Country. Oh, and I went wine tasting for the first time too!



September: I spent a weekend with my mom's family at the beach house, said goodbye to AAA, and moved into my adorable (but freezing) little house with Christine and Stephanie. The first day of classes began with my Beekeeping laboratory - and a bee sting!



October: I had a wonderful time celebrating Halloween for an entire week, and got super excited because the San Francisco Giants won the pennant and secured a spot in the World Series.

November: Remember those Giants I was talking about? Well, not only did they compete in the World Series, but they WON the entire thing! I got to visit Hearst Castle (which I highly recommend) as well as celebrate my 21+1 with some of my best friends. Plus, I got to spend Thanksgiving with my mom's family which was pretty awesome.




December: I got through finals with a 3.75 GPA for the quarter, visited San Francisco with Christine and Kara, plus I hung out at home with my family for three weeks. Not to mention, I got to bring my niece to the Little Farm which was a blast.



Although, for the most part, 2010 was a pretty good year, I can't say that I'm sad to see it go. I can, however say that I'm looking forward to what 2011 brings. Hopefully a job, an apartment, and lots of new friends and experiences.

Happy New Year everybody! I hope you had a great 2010 and that you are excited to see what 2011 will bring. 

No comments: