Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas time in the City

I have always been a California Bay Area kind of girl. I grew up in Berkeley/El Cerrito, went prom dress shopping at Jessica McClintock in Union Square, and every winter my dad and step mom would take me and my sisters to the Embarcadero to go ice skating and we would see The Nutcracker in the City. Looking back on it, I've lived a pretty charmed life.

This past week I have had the good fortune of spending a couple days in that part of the bay. I got to go to a Christmas caroling party at my "aunt" Carol's house in Oakland (Caroling party at Carols...) and yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity to visit a good friend for dinner in the City.

Some photos from Carol-ing
my dad... a partridge in a pear tree

me and my little sister, Kelley

A couple of my girlfriends and I decided to make a day out of it so we headed out to San Francisco to shop and sight see. Needless to say, we were basically tourists in our own city. We did a whole lot of the stuff that people do when they have never been to California or San Francisco and want to experience all the city has to offer.



We went shopping in Union Square (and took a picture with the real giant Christmas tree which is located in the center of the square and maintained by Macy's)



 Visited the Golden Gate Bridge



Drove around to get beautiful views of the City (and Alcatraz... and a pirate ship?)




 Went to Ghirardelli square and got ice cream sundaes and peppermint hot chocolates (and took advantage of the photo opportunity, obviously)


We then headed up to Twin Peaks at sunset to get a beautiful view of the city lights at night. (Isn't the view gorgeous?!)

Of course we also drove past Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, the Prisidio (owned by George Lucas), and picked out the houses that we will one day live in when we make millions. 

Finally, we met up with my good friend Matthew to get some dinner at Barney's and then got a drink at a bar that is right down the street from his house. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures with him, but we definitely had a blast. 

It was the perfect day to go to the City. The weather was beautiful, the sky was clear (with only a few clouds that added a little dimension to the pictures), and there weren't too many people in the stores/tourist locations. I had a blast being a tourist in my own city. 

Want to see more pictures? Click here!!!

I hope your Wednesday was just as lovely as mine was. 
xox

P.S. Of course we had to drive past AT&T park...
after all, we all LOVE the Giants!!





1 comment:

Twila said...

Hello! I actually use an app called instagram on my iphone. Your dad seems funny..hah.

Twila
www.twilasvintageclothing.com