Friday, December 31, 2010

the pest :)

Do you have those books that you used to read over and over when you were younger? Well, in addition to Baby Sitter's Club, I grew up reading Ramona the Pest by Beverley Cleary. I loved the books and the videos.. I probably even took a few ideas from my little idol -- like packing a suitcase and "running away" when I got mad.

Earlier this year a movie came out called Ramona and Beezus. I finally got the chance to watch it just now, and let me tell you - it was ADORABLE! Joey King and Selena Gomez were outstanding!

The story line is super relatable (I have three sisters - we were bound to drive each other crazy) and your heart just goes out to this 9 year-old girl. I know it's a little kid movie, but I really, really recommend you watch it. I still have tears in my eyes because it was so sweet.

Beezus: Ramona, I know you think being different is bad, but it's not. You don't worry about coloring inside the lines. You're your own person. You don't care what other people think. It's brave being how you are. 
Ramona: Oh, well sometimes I color inside the lines. It really depends on the picture.

1 comment:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I've been really wanting to see that movie, makes me think of when I read those books!