Wednesday, December 29, 2010

good day

Today was a pretty good day (which doesn't explain why I am feeling so stressed right now). I woke up all by myself a.k.a. no text messages, alarms, or sisters being loud outside my room. It was wonderful.

My morning happy face:
((No, I do not wake up looking like that. By "morning happy face" I really mean "me after I have gotten up, had a cup of yummy Earl Grey tea, showered, and put on makeup".))

Then something funny and wonderful happened which gives me faith that I will be okay after graduation.
It all began yesterday when I went into my dentist's office for my bi-annual checkup. You know the awkward conversation that the dental practitioner makes when you are getting your teeth cleaned and they ask you questions but you can't actually answer because, well, they have their fingers in your mouth? Well this time, the woman (Amy, my favorite one) was talking to me about graduation, asking what I was going to do once I'm done and what my plans are for next year.
Skip to this morning, about 11:00 a.m. when I got a call from the receptionist at the dentist. She said that a man in the next dentist chair/room overheard my conversation and, after he was finished getting his teeth cleaned, he asked the receptionist for my contact information because he wanted to know if I wanted to do some Public Relations work for him. She wouldn't give him my info (you know, patient confidentiality and all that) but she called me and gave me his info and I called him and left him a message.
He called back this afternoon while I was at the mall (long, long shopping trip for my NYE outfit... spent lots of money... hello new year's resolutions aka saving money) and needless to say, we are going to try to figure out a way for me to help him with some PR work!
Who knew that networking worked that way? I thought it was all online these days, I wouldn't have guessed word of mouth could get me very far. (hehe, get it? word of mouth??)
Cool huh?

Anyway, I had a happy day, I'm spending time with my family, and my Daddy is making me chicken corn soup (my favorite - from Amish Country, PA) so that I can bring some back to school with me.

Here's what I spent my morning doing. I have never really messed around with the PhotoBooth on my Mac, but I kinda got carried away this morning. Plus, I like my new haircut and my glasses.




I hope your day was as silly, random, and happy as mine!
xox

1 comment:

Nikol Schiller said...

you go girl!! way to be a great business lady.

p.s. cuuute hedgehog in your next post!