Thursday, April 9, 2009

RIP Favorite Jeans

Have you ever had a pair of jeans that fit you absolutely perfectly? It doesn't even need to be a pair of jeans, it can be anything; a jacket, a sweatshirt, a backpack, a cell phone, a favorite stuffed animal, anything!

Now, has that favorite something ever been broken?

I literally just ripped my favorite pair of jeans about 5 minutes ago. I am in tears. I LOVED those jeans. They were citizens, perfectly altered, perfectly worn in, I loved the wash, they fit me amazingly. I wore them at least twice a week. Now they are ripped and I'm so sad.

It isn't even a "good" rip either. You know the kind of ripped that used to be in style? Like, on the knees or the thigh or whatever? Like, the "worn" look that everybody was wearing from Abercrombie and Hollister? No, it's not that. It's at the top of my thigh, right underneath my butt, wrapping part way around my leg. It's awful.

If I had changed in to sweat pants like I had been planning on doing when I got back to my apartment, none of this would have happened.

I don't even know why I am so attached to this pair of pants. Maybe it's because they were my first pair of designer jeans. Or maybe it's because I spent my own money on them before I left for college. Or maybe it's the simple fact that I spent $180 dollars on them and I have had them for almost two years. Jeans should last longer than that!!!

In any case, I'm super upset about that. I'm going to take them to Nordstrom's or some alteration place and see what they can do to help me fix them. If I can't get them patched in a sufficient manner, I might have to go spend $180 on another pair (too bad I don't have the money to do that).

RIP Favorite Jeans (no pun intended)

No comments: