Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Interesting Night

Tonight was very good on so many levels.

Rene, Maryn, and I spent the entire night together. It was the first time in a very long time that I spent a whole night with them. I enjoyed it so much. This month is full of friend weekends. This weekend I spent time with my current room mates (minus Ashley, unfortunately), next weekend I get to spend it with my very good friends Kat, Nikol, Cassie, and Ashley, then the weekend after that will be with my future room mates Kathryn, Christine, Stephanie, and Brittany.

The girls and I ate dinner at the apartment (mostly leftovers), rented a movie, made cookies and chocolate covered strawberries, laughed, talked, and just had a genuinely relaxing and good time.

We watched the movie "The Family That Preys." It's one of those Tyler Perry movies. I have never paid much attention to his movies because I always think that they look kind of dumb. But tonight's movie was actually very good. It was heart felt, hard to watch, made me cry a bit, and was definitely thought provoking. I highly recommend it. I know that sounds weird, and maybe nobody else will enjoy that movie as much as I did, but seriously, check it out sometime, it might be worth watching.

In other news, I found out about twenty minutes ago that a kid I went to high school with was killed last night. I am not quite sure what happened because there are no news stories on it yet; at least I can't find any online. All I know is from talking to my friends Sam and Laura. According to Sam, he was shot in Long Beach. I don't know why things like this keep happening to kids. Because really, that's all we are right now; we're still just kids trying to find our way in the world. I can't believe so many people die over things that are so ridiculously stupid. I didn't know him well, but it's still hard to think about the fact that somebody you spent four years of high school with is gone at such a young age. RIP Scott Dowd, I know you will be missed by many. My heart and prayers go out to his family and friends.

No comments: