Monday, April 13, 2009

Not Your Normal Monotonous Monday

So, I don't normally like Mondays. I normally wake up and make my way through my day in a kind of hazy fog. Today was different. I actually enjoyed this Monday! Today was not your normal monotonous Monday... weird...

Of course, because it's me, I didn't sleep well last night. Luke left here at about 1 in the morning and then I was in an out of sleep for the next hour or so. I was woken up at 6 a.m. from my fitful sleep because my room mates, Ashley and Rene, were in the kitchen talking and stuff. Then, I had to get up at 7 a.m. because I have class at 8 on Mondays and Wednesdays. Much to my surprise, it wasn't very hard to get up and get started this morning (even with my lack of sleep).

I got ready quickly because I had to go to the library to print out my slides for my Econ lecture this morning. Of course, though, I can't go to my early class without my usual cup of tea and donut. Yes, I know, very healthy. I went to my usual line with the old man because the guy always has a wonderful smile on his face, and he always brightens my day with his friendliness and smile. Then, I quickly printed off my lecture slides and went off to class.

At 10, I got to spend a lovely time at the library with Luke, just hanging out and talking. I also finished the New York Times crossword puzzle that was in today's Mustang Daily. I always have a sense of accomplishment when I do that. Then, I hung out with Brittany, Kathryn, and Christine in Sandwich Factory.

My group in accounting worked hard on our product and we got a lot of ideas for the development of our made up product. Aaron had a very good idea which I will not say here so it can be a surprise when we unveil the finished product!

After class, I deposited checks, picked up job information from ASI in the UU, and got to relax with Luke in the sun for a while. When he went to class, I got to take a nap. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep very well because my stomach was growling at me because apparently I was neglecting it.

After that, Luke and I went to Longs to get a prescription filled for me (too bad it hadn't been called in by my doctor yet), I turned in my resume at a clothing store called Crazy Jay's downtown, and we went grocery shopping. When we got back Maryn and I went to yoga (I'm so glad she came), I made rice and chicken for dinner (luckily my rice actually turned out well this time, unlike my two attempts last night), and I watched a little TV. I also burned a copy of my "Mamma Mia" soundtrack for Nikol, Kat, Ashley, and Cassie in preparation for our mini road trip this weekend. I meant to drop it off but then I got side tracked.

I should have done some homework tonight, but instead I decided to write my grandparents a letter that I've been meaning to send them for the past six months. Whenever I write them letters, I include pictures of me and my friends. Each picture has a caption taped to the back of it so that my grandparents know who is in the picture and what we were doing at the time. In this batch of pictures I included pictures from my photo shoot with Nikol, our mock Thanksgiving, Avila beach, future room mates, current room mates, Hungary, WOW group, Valentine's day, etc. I think they will enjoy reading it.

Now, I should be going to sleep or doing homework because those would be the productive things to do. Instead, since I can sleep in until 11 tomorrow, I think I'm going to go read some more of "Angels and Demons" which I have not had enough time to finish yet.

I know this isn't very exciting to hear about what I did throughout my day today; but today was one of those days that I just felt like I achieved so much and wanted to share my accomplishments with somebody.

Also, since Monday is pretty much over, that means that I only have three more days and then the weekend! Michael Clark and Kimberly are coming to visit this weekend which is very exciting, not to mention the prior mentioned "Mamma Mia" trip I will be taking. Yay!

Love

P.S. Nikol, I was driving off campus today and there are the most beautiful horses near the Grand entrance to campus. I am planning on going to take pictures of them within the next few days. Please let me know if you would like to join for a mini photo shoot.

1 comment:

Nikol Schiller said...

what a nice day!

totally want to go. let me know and hopefully i'll be able to go when you go! =)