Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Daily Dose(s) of Nerd

Today, I was a nerd. But I had fun doing it! Here is why:

Nerd Moment #1: Twilight Influenza
Location: 250 person lecture hall during my Business Law class
Situation: My business professor talking about random, crazy laws that only really make sense in the time period that they were enacted
Professor's Question: It is illegal to spit on a public sidewalk or street. This law was enacted in 1919. What was happening in that time period to make a law like that necessary?
My Answer: The spread of Influenza (spitting is unsanitary and would make the spread of influenza even worse)
The Way I Knew: In 1918, Edward Cullen was dying from influenza when Carlisle bit him and transformed him into a vampire...in Twilight

Nerd Moment #2: Plantar Fasciitis
Location: Walking through the parking lot to my apartment
Situation: I was wearing my very cute Steve Madden knock off flip flops from Target and the bottom of my foot hurt really bad.
What Was Wrong With My Foot: Plantar Fasciitis
How I Know: I took Anatomy & Physiology my senior year of high school, as well as Sports Medicine during my junior and senior years. I know the muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, and injuries associated with many different parts of the body used in basic daily use as well as sports injuries. Generally, if I'm injured, I can diagnose myself it it has to do with tendons or ligaments.
Why It Was A Nerd Moment: because I'm a journalism major and have absolutely no use for this sort of medical information

Exciting Moment #1: Bi-Lingual
Location: Spanish class
Situation: My Spanish professor walked in to my classroom and spoke Spanish for the majority of the time we were in class.
My Excitement: I completely understood every single thing that he said in class. It was so cool to think that I could potentially become bi-lingual if I'm dedicated enough.

Amazing Moment #1: Wonderful Boyfriend
Location: The Ave eating food with Joe, Kathryn, and Luke.
Situation: Luke had told me that he had a surprise for me. I was expecting it to be the fact that he shaved his face (which he did!). But then he told me to hold out my hands so that he could hand me something.
What he handed me: A manila envelope with a sweet note written on it.
What was inside the envelope: tickets to Stage Coach so I can go with all my future room mates: Brittany, Kathryn, Stephanie, and Christine! :)

Today was a wonderfully nerdy and amazing day <3

No comments: