Sunday, August 30, 2009

it still isn't over


I have this poster in my room hehe

I watched The Notebook today with Christine and Gare Bear. I know I've probably written about that movie before, but I can't help writing about it again. It is one of the most epic love stories I have ever heard. It is incredibly romantic. I hope that I can find a guy who is even half as devoted and in love as Noah Calhoun.

Allie: How come you didn't write? I waited for you for seven years. It wasn't over for me!
Noah: I did write. I wrote you 365 letters. I wrote to you for a year. It wasn't over. It still isn't over.
(commence epic love scene)


Now, I'm not saying that I would want to wait around for some guy for 7 years. I'm not saying that I would sit here and pine over someone who I didn't think cared about me or wait around for him because I expected whoever "he" may be to come back to me... but it is interesting to think about. What if the person you dated when you were in high school or early years of college came back into your life somewhere down the road and ended up being the person you were meant to be with?

We aren't all lucky enough to have epic romances like Noah and Allie... but we can definitely dream. Oh well.

P.S. I'm still holding out for Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams to get back together in real life. I absolutely LOVE them together.
P.P.S. Christine and I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife yesterday. Very good movie. Very sad story. Loved it. Once again... epic love

No comments: