Friday, August 21, 2009

dress to impress

So, I ended up getting a job at Forever 21 in SLO. I picked up my check yesterday. Guess where I spent it all today... that's right, Forever 21. However, I got a super cute purse that fits my laptop and its wonderful. It's brown and fake leather and when I was being rung up at the cash register, three of the women were like "Oh my gosh I want that bag so bad! Do we have more?" ummm no, I got the last one :)

I have decided that making myself look good is something that I am willing to spend my time and money on. Clothes are worth buying because they are such a confidence boost. When I get ready in the morning and I put on a nice outfit and spend a little more time making myself look good (which is relatively easy considering my closet for the past... well... my entire life, has consisted of jeans, t-shirts.. preferably plain white Hanes, sweatshirts, and flip flops). That's not to say that I won't ever wear those clothes again, but if I'm going out and spending time with friends outside the house and all that, I will put a little more thought into what I wear.

Like today, I put on my skinny jeans (which I got a while ago at Forever 21 for $12), Steve Madden boots, and a button up shirt and I looked pretty hot. Not to mention that trying on clothes was much more exciting when I could try them on with my super sexy boots. Hearing the girls who were working in the Faith dressing room at F21 tell me that I look really good in the outfits that I try on, and the added excitement when I put on a dress with my boots and I can just feel their eyes on me and slight jealousy that I can pull off almost anything I put on. I've always wanted to be one of those girls who can wear just about anything. I'm on my way. Now, I'm not saying I can wear anything; but I've learned that being fashionable and stylish depends not only on the clothes you wear, but your attitude while you're wearing them.

If I walk out of my house in my boots, or any outfit looking hot, my day can be that much better.

And in other, less girly news, I think everybody should check out Matt and Tommy's new website. It's the newest and fastest growing site in soccer news, commentary, and game recaps. The rest of the world loves this sport, it's about time that Americans get on board and do the same!!! Check it out: Constantly Offside "Your home for completely biased soccer news"

No comments: