Sunday, January 23, 2011

exhaustion

Do you ever get to a point in your day-to-day life where you are so tired of the same old routine, but you don't know how to change it? That's how I feel right now. It's like I'm in a rut and I have no idea how to pull myself out. Maybe it's that I am so bogged down with homework, work, and Love Out Loud Campaign stuff that I just don't have time for other things - including relaxation and my own thoughts. This week I have three midterms (yuck) and almost an entire book to read for each one... exhausting? Yes... extremely.

Anyway, last weekend should have been a nice break from the monotony of my day to day life - I headed down to San Diego with a few friends. We all brought our cameras (all Canons and proud of it) and hoped to get some good pictures at Balboa Park, the Birch Aquarium, and San Diego in general. Unfortunately, the change of scenery didn't get me too excited about taking pictures. I really wasn't in the mood at all, so I didn't mess with my settings too much or worry about lighting or composition.

In any case, here are some of the pictures that I took while in beautiful SD:
Out of focus, and kinda awkward because it is a picture of two of my best friends - but I like it because it was snapped without looking through the viewfinder and it has so much sky. Funky but fun and romantic. (Sorry C, I'll take it down if you want me to)

 Beautiful Balboa Park

One of my favorites - I love these purple flowers



shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy.
(I love Finding Nemo.. and beautiful fish... and jellies)


Beautiful sea horses (one of my favorite parts about this aquarium)

Sea Dragons!!

I'm sorry if I come off like I am complaining, that is definitely not my intention. Obviously I have a pretty good life and I am surrounded by beautiful scenery and wonderful people. It is actually kind of nice that I am busy and have things like the campaign that I am working on because it makes me feel like I am accomplishing something and making a difference. Complaining is, once again, not my intention. I think, occasionally, everybody feels like they are in a rut - eventually you find your way out though.

No comments: