Thursday, January 13, 2011

day 6

Day 1 - Something you hate about yourself
Day 2 - Something you love about yourself
Day 3 - Something you have to forgive yourself for
Day 4 - Something you have to forgive someone for
Day 5 - Something you hope to do in your life
Day 6 - Something you hope you never have to do
Day 7 - Someone who has made your life worth living for
Day 8 - Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit
Day 9 - Someone you didn't want to let go, but just drifted
Day 10 - Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn't know
Day 11 - Something people seem to compliment you the most on
Day 12 - Something you never get compliments on
Day 13 - A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14 - A hero that has let you down. (write a letter).
Day 15 - Something or someone you couldn't live without, because you've tried living without it.
Day 16 - Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 - A book you've read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 - Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 - What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 - Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 - (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 - Something you wish you hadn't done in your life.
Day 23 - Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 - Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 - The reason you believe you're still alive today.
Day 26 - Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 - What's the best thing going for your right now?
Day 28 - What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29 - Something you  hope to change about yourself and why.
Day 30 - A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.

The one thing that keeps coming back to my mind whenever I think of a question like this is: I hope I never have to bury a child. 

I know that sounds so morbid, but it's true. I think there is probably nothing sadder than a parent burying their child - it doesn't matter whether the child is a newborn, seventeen, or forty three - a parent should never have to bury their child. 

Part of it has to do with the fact that it is so sad when children pass away - they have so much more life in them and so many more things that they should experience. But the other part is just that it is just so sad. You go into parenthood believing that you are going to watch your children grow up, raise them into beautiful people, and then at the end of your very long and happy life, they (along with their families) will bury you - not the other way around.

So I hope I never have to bury a child. I'm sure you all would agree.

(This was also Krysten's from After I Do, but I promise it had nothing to do with her post. It is something that I came up with on my own - but I do find it sad that we both, along with many other people, fear this occurrence in our lives.)

Additional Note: Every single day I check the news right when I wake up and right before I go to sleep (and multiple times in between... I'm a journalism student for goodness sake). This article that I just came across on my nighttime news check is pretty closely related to the post I put up a few minutes ago. Instead of writing a new post, I figured I would just share it here. 


Click here to read the beautiful and heart warming story of a pilot who showed such compassion to one of his passengers. You might want to bring tissues. (Also, if you want the ABC news version, click here)


The story is so sad, yet it also gives me faith for humanity - that when there are such creeps in the world (like a boyfriend who kills his significant other's child), there are also AMAZING people out there who might come through for you when you need it most (such as the pilot who delayed his flight for the grandfather of the small child). 

1 comment:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

This is exactly what I said too. I can't imagine ever having to deal with that kind of pain. Well said.