Thursday, June 17, 2010

summer?

I finished my finals a week ago yesterday, but it STILL doesn't feel like it's summer. Last week was so stressful what with finals, moving out of the house and into the storage unit, and moving other stuff home. Now I am in the throws of purging all the crap that has accumulated in my closet, unpacking clothes, unpacking boxes, organizing, etc. It's exhausting.

This past weekend, however, was pretty good. I got to see a lot of members of my family. It was really nice!

Friday night was Liana's high school graduation. It was a really nice ceremony, not too hot, and I was able to relax for a little tiny bit. I ran into a few people from high school whose siblings were also graduating. Kinda weird. Unfortunately I didn't get very many good pictures, but here are a few that I did get:
She had this HUGE smile on her face the ENTIRE night.
Sisters

Probably the first "family" picture we've taken since my parents got divorced when I was 7 or 8. Kinda weird to see them in the same picture haha
There's that smile again. I know it looks cheesy, but she was seriously THAT happy!!
Now she is on a Disney cruise in the Bahamas with one of her best friends. I'm sure she's having a blast.

Sunday we went to my cousin's college graduation. She majored in psychology at Stanford. Count on Stanford to do something ridiculous during graduation. They had this thing called the "wacky walk" when they entered the football stadium and everybody was dressed up in crazy outfits. The speaker at the large graduation was Susan Rice, the US ambassador to the EU. She was a wonderful speaker. I was amazed. Later there was a little lunch and watched the psychology graduation where they announced each student. It was kind of emotional because that part of my family has been through a lot within the past few months. We are all so proud of my cousin, Allison.
Wacky Walk
Allison, the first cousin to graduate college!!
My mom, Aunt Lilly, Allison, Aunt Toni
Savannah and Allison, they are sisters and they both graduated this year. Savannah from high school (she is going to Stanford next year) and Allison from college. Unfortunately I couldn't go to Savannah's grad because Liana graduated the same night.
Me, my oldest cousin and my youngest cousin. (Allison and Cassie) Not a great picture, but I still love it.

Okay, back to getting organized. Don't you hate how, in order to get REALLY organized, you have to get super unorganized first? I have stuff all over my room! It's crazy.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments: