Sunday, March 7, 2010

a night at the oscars

Tonight was the 82nd annual Academy Awards. Christine and I started at 3:00 and watched the red carpet show on ABC and the TV Guide channel. I was more or less impressed with all of the dresses that the women wore this year. There was nobody I felt was terribly dressed, but then again, they don't show all of the dresses on the pre-shows. I know that tomorrow there will be loads of pictures and articles about best and worst dressed, but here are a few of my favorites:

I wish I had an excuse to wear these dresses to some sort of wonderful event.
Anny Kendrick - I think this girl is absolutely beautiful!
Cameron Diaz - I don't know what it is about this dress, but I think it looks fantastic on her.
Elizabeth Banks - The ruffles might be a little much for me, but the color is great with her skin tone.
Kristen Stewart - I'm not a huge fan of hers, but I do like her dress. It's funny how everybody else was in pastels, and she was wearing a dark dress.
Miley Cyrus - once again, not a huge fan of hers, but I do like the dress.
Queen Latifah - This woman is absolutely fantastic, everything about her. Also, she is wearing a dress with only one strap, one of the other trends of this year's Oscar fashion.
Rachel McAdams - Okay, so I am not a huge fan of the colors and stuff, but I like the style a lot.
Sam Worthington and Natalie Mark - I love the style of her dress.
Sandra Bullock - I keep going back and forth about the dress, but I think her hair looks amazing! Also, wasn't her "Best Actress" speech amazing? I had tears in my eyes, it was spoken so beautifully.

What do you think? (P.S. there were a few that I didn't show - Jennifer Lopez,

Okay, so this is my lame attempt at a fashion "best of" blog... I'm not too fashion forward and never look that great myself, but I wish I did. I wish I had the eye to spot good fashion trends and such. Maybe I should go shopping. I just got paid and I have a lot more money in my account than I'm used to... or maybe I should be responsible and save my money for this summer when I might not have a paying job. Hmm... decisions, decisions.

On another note (but still in the same category of good movies) I have barely seen anything. Like, barely even seen the classics. Once (or four times) Anthony tried to make me watch "The Godfather" and I fell asleep (yes, every single time). I either fall asleep in the middle of the movie, or I just never get a chance to watch it in the first place. Every time somebody's like "oh my gosh remember in ____________ when they did ____________" I'm like "umm no, I've never seen it." So, I need to change that. It is time to step up my movie knowledge and ability to comprehend movie culture. I have started a list of movies I need to see. If you can think of one that is worth seeing, let me know. I seriously haven't seen SO MANY of the classics so even if it is one of those movies that you are thinking "well, EVERYBODY has seen this movie" - I most likely haven't.

Anyway, here's my list as of tonight (I know it's short, but it will, without a doubt, get longer)
1. Inglorious Bastards
2. The Blind Side

(all pictures from oscar.go.com)

1 comment:

JMay said...

I agree w/ the recap. God I love Miley's dress. Yah I said it. ;-)