Saturday, October 23, 2010

foodie

I'm a closet foodie.
Okay, that's a lie.
I'm a wannabe closet foodie.
Yeah, that's a better description for it... wannabe closet foodie.

About 75% of the blogs I follow are either food blogs or decorating blogs. Some are combo food and decorating blogs. Maybe it's that I attempt to absorb some of the talent from the people who write the blogs, or maybe it's just me dreaming that I had the time and money to spend on projects like most of the ones I see on the blogs, but no matter what it is, I love those blogs.

I have taken some inspiration from them and have started a little tradition over the past few weeks... a cooking tradition.
On Thursdays I only have one hour of class from 2-3, not a bad time for one hour of class if you ask me. After I get home from that class (Beekeeping lecture) I go on Epicurious or Chow and find a recipe that looks good for that night. Then I walk (or drive) down to the local grocery store and buy all the things I need for that recipe and I start cooking!

Of course, I have had about a 60% success rate for the meals that I've made thus far. It's not that I am a bad cook, it's more that I don't have very good pots and pans (hence the fried rice disaster of this past Thursday) or our oven stops working (like the Thursday before this past one).

Thus far I have made stuffed peppers (which turned out very nicely if I do say so myself), Dino Nuggets (okay, just kidding, that doesn't count as a Thursday night cooking experiment), lemon-garlic chicken, and fried rice.

Plus, this morning (or afternoon) Hannah and Caroline came over for a brunchy-lunch of eggs, sausage, pancakes, hash browns, and cinnamon rolls. It was delicious! And now we are sitting on the couch watching Pretty Woman - one of the best movies ever!

This is a nice relaxing Saturday... I love it. I'm looking forward to the rest of the weekend... hopefully it will be just as relaxing as today has been thus far.

Fried Rice fixings:


Brunchy Lunch:


No comments: