Tuesday, September 14, 2010

thoughts on the corporate world

For the past 10 weeks I have been an intern at AAA. I have written press releases, checked fax lists, redesigned brochures, sat in on meetings, presented a "what's what" of social media, and assisted in any of the other mundane things that always get handed off to the intern. Oh yeah, and spent way too much time on Facebook, Blogger, and DIY sites - you know, in all the downtime that I have at work, like right now (and 3+ hours yesterday)...

Anyway, here are a few thoughts I've had throughout my brief (for now) stint in the corporate world...
  • Why, on elevators, do people insist on repressing the already lit buttons? Pressing the up arrow or your floor's button one or two extra times will not get you there faster.
  • Why, on telephones and number pads/calculators, do the numbers go opposite directions? Wouldn't it be easier if "1-9" was always going the same direction?
  • It doesn't surprise me that some of the most timid drivers I know work at AAA. It's scary out on the road! You could be the best driver in the world, but other drivers do stupid things... all those crash stats are frightening!
  • Why do airlines have you pick a seat when you buy your tickets, but then have you pick different seats when you go to check in online?

No comments: