Monday, September 20, 2010

the last first day

Today was my last first day of school. That means that I only have thirty more weeks of class until I am officially thrown into the real world with no training wheels, only grownup things like real jobs, real rent, real bills, and all of my own decisions. 

Even though I wasn't in Spain for the beginning of this Fall Quarter like I was last year, today was a pretty good last first day... 
Christine and I took the bus to school (my first time in the history of ever.. except in Spain of course). 
I understood everything my Spanish professor said in class today.
Public relations is going to be easy.
And my Beekeeping class was pretty interesting.

That's right, you heard me correctly. I'm taking beekeeping.

Today was our lab day, so we went out and got introduced to the bee boxes, the smokers, and the super cute veils we have to wear ;) Yup, I get to wear one of those weird hat things that you see in pictures. However, tasting the fresh honey from the honey comb was totally worth it. 

Oh yeah, and I got stung.

Hopefully I'll be able to take pictures at some point soon.

Until then, I'll leave you with this from a google search I did:



Bees really are beautiful and amazing creatures. The only downside is the swollen sting I have on my right side.

No comments: