Thursday, December 24, 2009

what a WONDERFUL life

Clarence: Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he? 

Okay, so I know I already posted something about Christmas, but I feel as though this is extremely noteworthy (yes... even more noteworthy than Lady GaGa's "light me up put me on top" song).

Every year my family all gets together and watches the Christmas classic "It's a Wonderful Life". We all set aside time, sit down on the couch, pop in the VHS (yes, we only have it on video), pay close attention, and watch the movie. At the end we all make fun of Daddy for crying, but only after we have all wiped away our tears first.

That movie is one of the greatest movies ever made. The story line is fantastic. It is, at least for me, about the true spirit of the season. Even if you are not Christian, I think that "It's a Wonderful Life" is a fantastic movie. It is not even about Christmas at all! Sure, they have the decorations and stuff but the story is what makes it important. The way the movie makes you think, the way it makes you wish you could have the moon lassoed for you, and the way you can relate to the characters and the way your heart melts when George Bailey runs in his house after his great realization about his life and scoops up his children, kisses his wife, and realizes how amazing life really is.



That is what Christmas is all about.

I love this movie. I love this season. I love my family (even though THIS year they watched the movie WITHOUT me... but don't worry, I have it memorized. Maybe I'll watch it tomorrow night by myself).

Here are some of my favorite quotes :) MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

George Bailey: What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.
Mary: I'll take it. Then what?
George Bailey: Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see... and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair... am I talking too much?

 Mary: Bread... that this house may never know hunger.
[Mary hands a loaf of bread to Mrs. Martini]
Mary: Salt... that life may always have flavor.
[Mary hands a box of salt to Mrs. Martini]
George Bailey: And wine... that joy and prosperity may reign forever. Enter the Martini Castle.
[George hands Mr. Martini a bottle of wine]

 Little Violet: [commenting on George] I like him.
Little Mary: You like every boy.
Little Violet: What's wrong with that?

 Little Mary: Is this the ear you can't hear on?
[whispering in his bad ear]
Little Mary: George Bailey, I'll love you 'til the day I die.

(last lines)
Zuzu Bailey: Look, Daddy. Teacher says, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings.
George Bailey: That's right, that's right.
George Bailey: Attaboy, Clarence.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Okay, this is MY favorite Christmas movie too!!!!! Maybe we should get it for our house and watch it when we get back to SLO :)