Wednesday, September 23, 2009

leaving on a jet plane

MY FLIGHT LEAVES IN FIVE HOURS!!!

I can't believe this trip is finally here. I am all packed and ready to go. I had a little bit of a freak out this morning about the fact that I packed WAY too much stuff, but my dad calmed me down and helped me think rationally about what I have packed. I pulled out a few things that I knew I wouldn't wear, but I still have a ton of stuff.

I am checking two bags (a large suitcase and a smaller suitcase) then I have my backpack and a duffle bag to carry on to the plane. The only reason I have the duffle is that I'm scared to death that they will lose my luggage (apparently British Airways is notorious for losing baggage), so I packed an extra pair of clothes just incase that happens.

Unfortunately I have been a bit under the weather the past few days. Last night I had a fever of 100.2. It is a good thing I went to China earlier this summer because if I was going now, I would be quarantined and I wouldn't be allowed in the country! When I woke up this morning, my dad gave me three different types of drugs so that I would feel okay and not be completely miserable. As of right now, I'm feeling okay (only a bit drowsy because he gave me Benadryl to help with allergies I think... he said I would just have to fight through the sleepiness).

I am going to miss all of my friends so freaking much while I'm gone. They have been extremely supportive, though, and I am excited to share all of my stories with them when I get back.

Before I left, Kat and Nikol gave me a going away package. They didn't have to, but it was so sweet of them. The package had a few "survival" things in it - y'know, a shot class, a teddy bear, photo albums, underwear, and notes from each of them. Somehow that care package made everything okay. Thank you so much girls, I love you and I will miss you.

This is getting a little long, and I still have a few things to do, but I just have one final thought. I have another blog that I was planning on using while I'm in Spain. I will be writing in there a lot (I think) and posting pictures. I will also be writing here, but I haven't quite figured out how I'm doing to do this. If you want to hear about my adventures, read this blog as well as that one. Also, e-mail me and I will try to e-mail you back! I'm not sure what the internet situation will be, but I will somehow find ways to communicate back home.
Link to my other blog: http://balbuceo-inteligentemente.blogspot.com/

One final note before I sign off.... HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY KAT!!! I love you and I miss you and I'm really sad I can't be there to celebrate with you... but you know what to do :) I am sending you birthday hugs!!

No comments: