Sunday, May 16, 2010

sucker

I'm a sucker for romance. I love romantic songs, romantic movies, romantic books, stories, fairy-tales, and TV shows. No matter how many times I see
The Notebook (I couldn't find a YouTube video that would let me embed the actual rain scene, but here is the MTV video awards which makes my heart skip a beat, too)

The Wedding Date

certain scenes of Grey's Anatomy

Love Actually (which I just watched with Michael today)

and so many others, I can't help but feel elated that somehow, somewhere, love like that is waiting to happen.

So naturally, when I went to see a movie with Hannah and Caroline a few months ago and the trailer for Letters to Juliet came on, I was moved. I even had TEARS in my eyes!! It was amazing. We all promised each other we would go to see it when it came out in theaters. Well, it just came out so yesterday we went to go see it. It was definitely a good movie, although I didn't cry the way I did when I first saw the trailer.


Apart from the guy, Christopher Egan, being amazingly good looking (and kind of resembling a combination of Heath Ledger and Matt Damon), the story was really cute.


Also, it made me want to take a trip to Verona, Italy. Did you know that the Secretaries of Juliet are REAL?! They respond to EVERY SINGLE LETTER that is left at the wall at Juliet's house (at least, they respond to all the ones with addresses). They give advice on behalf of juliet. It is so cute! I'd LOVE to have that job because I would love to read all those letters! How amazing! (My only advice to the Juliet Club would be to get someone to design a better website for them... the one they have is harshly lacking in romance.)

And before you tell me that Romeo and Juliet was not a true story, that is not what matters and you are missing the whole point. The whole love letter thing is about destiny, desire, longing, and feeling like someone out there is looking out for you and that everything will be okay. I think it's extremely romantic and I love it.

Wow... I'm such a sucker for romance...

No comments: